Henly's car showroom and service station, Great West Road, Brentford, London: close-up of the petrol pump forecourt

RIBApix ref no RIBA24216
Architect/DesignerWallis Gilbert & Partners
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1937
Image Date1937
ViewExterior
StyleArt Deco
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP Box
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Henly's, a car showroom for Studebaker and Jaguar cars, opened on the east side of the Smith's Crisps factory in 1937 and later became a warehouse for Martini. After a fire in 1989, it was redeveloped into offices and the distinctive tower was retained.

Subject tags

concrete, canopies, petrol stations, cars, clock towers, garages