Henly's car showroom and service station, Great West Road, Brentford, London

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA24219
Architect/DesignerWallis Gilbert & Partners
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1937
Image Date1937
ViewInterior
StyleArt Deco
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP Box 927 Wallis
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Henly's, a car showroom for Studebaker and Jaguar cars, opened on the east side of the Smith's Crisps factory in 1937 and later became a warehouse for Martini. After a fire in 1989, it was redeveloped into offices and the distinctive tower was retained.

Subject tags

concrete, roofs, petrol stations, cars, garages