Holy Trinity Long Melford, Suffolk: looking towards the north aisle from the chancel

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA137662
Architect/DesignerWoodyer, Henry (1816-1896)
Artist/PhotographerValinsky, David
CountryUK: England
CityLong Melford
Subject Date1507
Image Date2019
ViewInterior
StyleGothic
MediumDigital image
Library ReferenceValinsky 20200120 Holy Trinity Long Melford-7
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit David Valinsky / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from c. 1380-1390, but between c. 1467 and 1507 a major rebuilding took place. In 1701 the tower was struck by lightning, rebuilt 1712-1725 and later added to and encased in flint and stone by the architect G. F. Bodley, 1897-1903. The interior of the church was restored in 1867-1869 by Henry Woodyer, the nave roof and clerestory having been restored in 1828.

Subject tags

churches, arches, church fittings