Houses of Parliament, Palace of Westminster, London: the Old Palace Yard with Marochetti's 'Richard Coeur de Lion' in the foreground

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA4377
Architect/DesignerBarry, Sir Charles (1795-1860)
Marochetti, Carlo (1805-1867)
Pugin, Augustus Welby Northmore (1812-1852)
Artist/PhotographerBooth, Richard
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1858
Image Date2005
ViewExterior
StyleGothic Revival
MediumDigital image
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit Richard Booth / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Sir Charles Barry was the architect responsible for the design of the building and A. W. N. Pugin for the interiors. The bronze sculpture by Baron Carlo Marochetti was completed in 1856 and installed in Old Palace Yard in 1860.

Subject tags

parliament buildings, sculpture