Housing at The Brow, Runcorn, Cheshire

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA15767
Architect/DesignerRuncorn Development Corporation Architects Department
Artist/PhotographerRay-Jones, Tony (1941-1972)
CountryUK: England
CityRuncorn
Subject Date1970
Image Date1970
ViewExterior
StyleModern Movement
MediumPhotoprint
Library Reference30685
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Tony Ray-Jones / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 8: Housing' in Architectural Review, vol. 148, 1970 Sep. Runcorn New Town was designated on 10 April 1964, with the aim of providing housing and jobs for the people of North Merseyside and Liverpool in particular. The Runcorn Development Corporation (RDC) was formally appointed on 30 April 1964 and the draft Master Plan for the New Town was prepared by Arthur Ling and Associates and approved in 1968. The RDC operated until 1981 when it was dissolved and its functions, property, rights and liabilities were transferred to Warrington Development Corporation which was renamed Warrington and Runcorn Development Corporation.

Subject tags

housing, brickwork, new towns