Jardin de la Alcoba, Alcazar, Seville: the Charles V pavilion: the fountain

RIBApix ref no RIBA90175
Architect/DesignerHernandez, Juan
Pulido, Diego
Pulido, Juan
Artist/PhotographerBenton, Tim
CountrySpain
CitySeville
Subject Date1546
Image Date1989
ViewInterior
Medium35mm Transparency
Library ReferenceBenton 89-11-33
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit Tim Benton / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The Jardin de la Alcoba was converted in 1543-1546 from a qubba that stood on the site by Juan Hernandez, the master builder of the Alcazar. The tiles are by Diego and Juan Pulido.

Subject tags

garden buildings, tiles, floors, fountains