Layout of the Accademia di San Luca in Rome on the occasion of the awarding of the prizes for the Accademia's Concorso Clementino at which Joseph Gandy was awarded a special premium in the first class in architecture for his design of a sepulchral chapel set in a circular piazza

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA126027
Artist/PhotographerGandy, Joseph Michael (1771-1843)
CountryItaly
CityRome
Subject Date1795
Image Date1795
ViewPlan
MediumManuscript
Library ReferenceGaFam/1/1/ p.73
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: This is part of a transcript of papers relating to the Gandy family, known as the 'Gandy Green Book'. The Accademia di San Luca, founded in 1577 and still in existence, is an association of artists in Rome including painters, sculptors and architects.

Subject tags

societies' buildings, auditoria