Lee House, 125 London Wall, City of London

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA55177
Architect/DesignerSir John Burnet Tait & Partners
Artist/PhotographerMaltby, John (1910-1980)
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1962
Image Date1962
ViewExterior
StyleModern Movement
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceMaltby 51 (MAL 51880)
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit John Maltby / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Lee House was one of the six office towers constructed between 1957 and 1976 which, together with the Museum of London, formed the western flank of the London Wall development. This 16-storey podium block was demolished in 1990 and replaced by Alban Gate, now known as 125 London Wall.

Subject tags

curtain walling, office buildings, skyscrapers, concrete, town planning