Lincoln Cathedral: the Angel Choir and high altar with the verger trimming the candle in the foreground

RIBApix ref no RIBA100302
Artist/PhotographerIngle, Richard (1927-2010)
CountryUK: England
CityLincoln
Subject Date1280
Image Date2001
ViewInterior
StyleGothic
MediumDigital image
Library ReferenceIngle 01-16A
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Richard Ingle / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The Angel Choir was built between 1250 and 1280 to house St Hugh's shrine and is located at the east end of the cathedral.

Subject tags

arches, cathedrals, vaulting, church fittings, clergy, altars