Local centre, Netherfield, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire: the pub sign

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA43658
Architect/DesignerMilton Keynes Development Corporation. Architects Department
Artist/PhotographerDonat, John (1933-2004)
CountryUK: England
CityMilton Keynes
Subject Date1977
Image Date1977
ViewExterior
Medium35mm Transparency
Library ReferenceD126 (Donat Drawer 8, Box 6)
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit John Donat / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC). The choice of prefabricated construction materials for this development was partly a consequence of a shortage of bricks in the UK at the time.

Subject tags

office buildings, signs (<design>), new towns, shopping centres, inns, public houses, Our photographers