Museum of Technology, Corporation Road, Leicester: the engine house with the four preserved Leicester-built beam engines

RIBApix ref no RIBA77588
Architect/DesignerHarrison, Stockdale (1846-1914)
CountryUK: England
CityLeicester
Subject Date1891
Image Date1970
ViewInterior
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP138/75
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: This building was the former Abbey pumping station. a sewage lift station. It was converted into a museum of technology in the 1970s.

Subject tags

museums, pumping stations, conversion of buildings