New Hall, Cambridge: the southern facade of the library with the guest rooms on the right

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA44458
Architect/DesignerChamberlin Powell & Bon
Artist/PhotographerGalwey, Reginald Hugo de Burgh (1917-1971)
CountryUK: England
CityCambridge
Subject Date1966
Image Date1966
ViewExterior
StyleBrutalist
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP563/86
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Founded in 1954 as 'New Hall', this constituent college of the University of Cambridge was renamed Murray Edwards College in 2008.

Subject tags

University buildings, concrete, student hostels, libraries, courtyards, fountains