Norwich Cathedral: St Saviour's Chapel on the site of the former Lady Chapel

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA47992
Architect/DesignerNicholson, Sir Charles Archibald (1867-1949)
Artist/PhotographerLambert, Sam (1927-1981)
CountryUK: England
CityNorwich
Subject Date1932
Image Date1956
ViewExterior
StyleGothic Revival
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP Box 208 Norwich (1)
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The original Lady Chapel of 1245 was destroyed during the Reformation of which only the entrance in Early English style survived. St Saviour's Chapel, designed by Sir Charles Nicholson in a simple Gothic Revival style, was added in 1932 accessed through the surviving 13th century entrance of the Lady Chapel.

Subject tags

Chapels, cathedrals, buttresses