O'Connell Street (formerly Sackville Street), Dublin, with the O'Connell Bridge in the foreground, the O'Connell Monument and the Nelson Pillar

RIBApix ref no RIBA44734
Architect/DesignerFoley, John Henry (1818-1874)
Gandon, James (1742-1823)
CountryIreland
CityDublin
Subject Date1890
Image Date1890
ViewTopographical
MediumPhotoprint
Library Reference37663
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Sackville Street was renamed O'Connell Street in 1924. James Gandon designed the 1791 Carlisle Bridge which was widened in 1890 and renamed the O'Connell Bridge. The O'Connell Monument was sculpted by John Henry Foley and unveiled in 1882 and the Nelson Pillar dates from 1808.

Subject tags

street scenes, bridges, monuments, vehicles, omnibuses