Odeon cinema, Haverstock Hill, Hampstead, London: the entrance festooned with Coronation decorations

RIBApix ref no RIBA6662
Architect/DesignerT. P. Bennett & Son
Artist/PhotographerMaltby, John (1910-1980)
CountryUK: England
Subject Date1934
Image Date1937
StyleArt Deco
Library ReferenceMAL1769
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit John Maltby / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Also known as Odeon Belsize Park and Odeon Hampstead, this cinema closed in 1972 and was demolished. A supermarket was built on the site and one of the original adjacent shop units became the entrance to the new Screen on the Hill, opened in 1977.

Subject tags

cinemas, lettering, signs (<design>), coronation decorations