Palace of Baturin, Chernihiv Oblast: view of the pedimented front during Lukomsky's restoration

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA24249
Architect/DesignerCameron, Charles (1743-1812)
Lukomsky, Georgy Kreskent'yevich (1884-1952)
CountryUkraine
CityBaturin
Subject Date1803
Image Date1911
ViewExterior
StyleNeoclassical
MediumPhotoprint
Library Reference35069
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: This neoclassical palace, built in 1799-1803 and attributed to Charles Cameron, replaced a Baroque palace built fifty years earlier by Andrey Vasilievich Kvasov for Count Kirill Razumovsky. It was restored in 1911 by Lukomsky.

Subject tags

restoration, palaces, scaffolding