Palazzo Brignole Cardinale (Palazzo Rosso), via Garibaldi (formerly Strada Nuova), Genoa: perspective sketch of the front entrance, featuring foliate corbels, the Cardinal's coat of arms, carved Atlantes and a balustrade

RIBApix ref no RIBA20650
Architect/DesignerCorradi, Pietro Antonio (1613-1683)
Parodi, Filippo (1630-1702)
Artist/PhotographerPorter, J.H. (fl. 1846-47)
CountryItaly
CityGenoa
Subject Date1672
Image Date1846
ViewExterior
StyleBaroque
MediumDrawing
Library ReferenceSD58/21
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: This town house was built for two brothers, Ridolfo and Gio Francesco Brignole Sale between 1671 and 1677. Its design is attributed to P. A. Corradi. The Atlantes were executed by the sculptor Filippo Parodi in 1671.

Subject tags

balconies, entrances, decorative stonework, caryatids, town houses, balustrades