Parish hall, Buscot, Oxfordshire

RIBApix ref no RIBA102603
Architect/DesignerErnest George & Peto
Artist/PhotographerCharles, Martin (1940-2012)
CountryUK: England
CityBuscot Village
Subject Date1897
Image Date2009
ViewExterior
StyleArts & Crafts
MediumDigital image
Library ReferenceMC C 041209
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit Martin Charles / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Buscot was a model village designed by George & Peto for the owner of Buscot Park, Alexander Henderson, a financier, engineer and amateur painter, who was created Baron Faringdon in 1916. The village included cottages, a forge and a community room (parish hall). The village was laid out between 1892-1897.

Subject tags

clock towers, community centres, villages