Peniel Calvinistic Methodist Chapel, Tremadoc, Gwynedd

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA50793
Artist/PhotographerDe Wolfe, Ivy
CountryUK: Wales
CityTremadoc
Subject Date1811
Image Date1967
ViewExterior
StyleClassical Revival
MediumPhotoprint
Library Reference33764/1 (photo Ivy de Wolfe 27/66)
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: This planned town was founded by the reformist M.P. William Alexander Madocks in 1798. The chapel was built in 1808-1811. The stucco Tuscan porch, intended in the original design, was added in 1849.

Subject tags

Chapels, town planning, entrances, columns, porticos, pediments