San Giuseppe dei Ruffi, Naples: the facade

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA93061
Architect/DesignerGuglielmelli, Arcangelo (c. 1650-1723)
Guglielmelli, Marcello
Lazzari, Dionisio (1617-1689)
Artist/PhotographerBenton, Tim
Subject Date1725
Image Date1970
MediumDigital image
Library ReferenceBenton 156
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Tim Benton / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The church was founded in 1604, although work did not start until 1630. Dionisio Lazzari worked on the main body of the church. Two cupolas were added by Arcangelo Guglielmelli from 1720 and the facade was completed by his son Marcello in 1725.

Subject tags

churches, porticos, pediments