Santa Maria della Consolazione, Todi (A-C); Il Gesu, Rome (E-H): plans, sections, perspectives and detail

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA100934
Architect/DesignerCola da Caprarola (fl. 1495-1518)
Della Porta, Giacomo (1538-1602)
Vignola, Giacomo Barozzi da (1507-1573)
Image Date1975
Library Reference72.03//FLE
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes SOURCE: J. C. Palmes (ed.). Sir Banister Fletcher's A History of architecture, 18th ed. (London: Athlone Press, 1975), p. 825 NOTES: Santa Maria Della Consolazione was designed by the architect Cola da Camprarola and construction started in 1508, but the church wasn't completed until 1607. Il Gesu was designed by Vignola, but completed by Della Porta after his death, who modified the scheme for the facade, but completed the dome to Vignola's design.

Subject tags

churches, domes, altars