Signage along the approach to the east front of Woburn Abbey

RIBApix ref no RIBA40525
Architect/DesignerFlitcroft, Henry (1697-1769)
Holland, Henry (1745-1806)
Artist/PhotographerWard, Patrick
CountryUK: England
CityWoburn Abbey
Subject Date1970
Image Date1970
ViewExterior
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP Box 808 [AP/MP1/76 (photo PW, W11-28A-29)]
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 1: Frustration' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Sept. Woburn Abbey became the seat of the Russell family in 1547 and of the Dukes of Bedford from 1694. The Abbey was largely rebuilt between 1744 and 1790 by Henry Flitcroft and Henry Holland. The house and park were opened to the public in 1955.

Subject tags

People, signs (<street furniture>), lettering, country houses, bollards, festivals, gatherings, Feature: Manplan 1: Frustration