Signage along the Oxford Canal at Cropredy, Oxfordshire

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA50751
Artist/PhotographerDe Wolfe, Ivy
CountryUK: England
CityCropredy
Image Date1962
ViewExterior
MediumPhotoprint
Library Reference33715/2 (IDW B21/62)
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The Oxford Canal begins at Hawkesbury Junction where it meets the Coventry Canal and ends in central Oxford. Engineered by James Brindley and completed after his death by his assistant, Samuel Simmock, work on the canal began in the Coventry basin in 1769 and was completed at the Oxford end in 1790.

Subject tags

lettering, signs (<design>), canals