South Hill Park, Bracknell, Berkshire: the dining room

RIBApix ref no RIBA30949
Architect/DesignerMoore, Temple Lushington (1856-1920)
Artist/PhotographerFry, Allen Hastings (b. 1847, d. after 1922)
CountryUK: England
CityBracknell
Subject Date1892
Image Date1900
ViewInterior
StyleClassical Revival
MediumPhotoprint
Library Reference28204
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The original South Hill Park mansion was built in 1760 for William Watts. Alterations were made by Sir John Soane for the statesman George Canning in 1801. The mansion was rebuilt for Sir Arthur Hayter, incorporating just the east wing of the original house, in brick and Bath stone in 1891-1892 by Temple Lushington Moore. The mansion has been a centre for the arts in Bracknell since 1973 and underwent extensive refurbishment in 2002.The former library is now a recital room.

Subject tags

Furniture, country houses, seating, dining rooms, tables, panelling