SS Tuscania: first class entrance lobby

RIBApix ref no RIBA50436
Architect/DesignerAdams Holden & Pearson
Artist/PhotographerBale, Edward Stewart (1889-1944)
CountryUK: England
Subject Date1921
Image Date1921
ViewInterior
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceHolden 33112/13
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The TSS (Turbine Steam Ship) Tuscania (or 'SS 595') was a luxury liner of the Cunard subsidiary Anchor Line. It was built between 1919 and 1921. It was later purchased by Greek shipping magnate Leonidas Goulandris (1939), who re-named it the 'Nea Hellas'. The interior furnishings were executed by Waring & Gillow, a noted English furniture manufacturer.

Subject tags

doors, ceilings, entrance halls, wood, ocean liners, vaulting, panelling