St George's Chapel, Windsor

RIBApix ref no RIBA42170
Architect/DesignerJanyns, Henry (fl. 1453-1483)
Artist/PhotographerSmith, Edwin (1912-1971)
CountryUK: England
CityWindsor
Subject Date1528
Image Date1958
ViewExterior
StyleGothic
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceESP/ENG/4398 (ES4703)
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Edwin Smith / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Construction on the chapel was begun by Edward IV in 1475 under the direction of the master mason, Henry Janyns, and was completed during the reign of Henry VIII in 1528.

Subject tags

Chapels, buttresses, lamp standards