St George's Chapel, Windsor

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA42172
Architect/DesignerJanyns, Henry (fl. 1453-1483)
Artist/PhotographerSmith, Edwin (1912-1971)
CountryUK: England
CityWindsor
Subject Date1528
Image Date1958
ViewExterior
StyleGothic
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceESP/ENG/4400 (ES4704)
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Edwin Smith / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Construction on the chapel was begun by Edward IV in 1475 under the direction of the master mason, Henry Janyns, and was completed during the reign of Henry VIII in 1528.

Subject tags

Chapels, buttresses