St John the Baptist, Bishopstone, Wiltshire: the altar and sedilia

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA100225
Architect/DesignerPugin, Augustus Welby Northmore (1812-1852)
Wyatt, Thomas Henry (1807-1880)
Artist/PhotographerIngle, Richard (1927-2010)
CountryUK: England
CityBishopstone
Subject Date1300
Image Date1998
ViewInterior
StyleGothic
MediumDigital image
Library ReferenceIngle 98-34
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Richard Ingle / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Anglican parish church dating from the 13th to the 15th centuries. It was restored in 1836 by Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin and in 1858 by T.H. Wyatt. The stained glass window seen here, dedicated to the Montgomerys and Earl and Countess of Pembroke, is by Pugin.

Subject tags

windows, churches, stained glass (<decoration>), church fittings, altars