St Oswald's, Tile Hill, Coventry: the church, the church hall and freestanding campanile seen from the north-east

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA48632
Architect/DesignerBasil Spence & Partners
Artist/PhotographerGalwey, Reginald Hugo de Burgh (1917-1971)
CountryUK: England
CityCoventry
Subject Date1958
Image Date1958
ViewExterior
StyleModern Movement
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP500/327
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Basil Spence was commissioned in 1954 by the local Anglican diocese to design three low-cost parish churches to serve the new residential suburbs around Coventry: St Oswald's, Tile Hill; St John the Divine, Willenhall; and St Chad's, Bell Green. Each church is individually detailed but all are characterized by a freestanding campanile.

Subject tags

belfries, bell towers, churches, halls