St Oswald's, Tile Hill, Coventry: the freestanding campanile, church hall and the church

RIBApix ref no RIBA48631
Architect/DesignerBasil Spence & Partners
Artist/PhotographerGalwey, Reginald Hugo de Burgh (1917-1971)
CountryUK: England
CityCoventry
Subject Date1958
Image Date1958
ViewExterior
StyleModern Movement
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP500/324
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Basil Spence was commissioned in 1954 by the local Anglican diocese to design three low-cost parish churches to serve the new residential suburbs around Coventry: St Oswald's, Tile Hill; St John the Divine, Willenhall; and St Chad's, Bell Green. Each church is individually detailed but all are characterized by a freestanding campanile.

Subject tags

belfries, bell towers, churches, halls, 1950s Modern Movement Architecture Gallery