St Werburgh's Church, Werburgh Street, Dublin

RIBApix ref no RIBA11658
Architect/DesignerBurgh, Thomas (1670-1730)
Artist/PhotographerSmith, Edwin (1912-1971)
CountryIreland
CityDublin
Subject Date1759
Image Date1965
ViewInterior
StyleGeorgian
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceESP/IRE/168 (ES10813)
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Edwin Smith / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The church, designed by Thomas Burgh, opened in 1719 but its roof and interiors were destroyed by fire in 1754. It reopened with new interiors in 1759. Seen in this image are the pulpit designed for the Chapel Royal in Dublin Castle and the 1767 organ case.

Subject tags

churches, church fittings