'The Etruscans' at the Palazzo Grassi, Venice: display case with the statuette of the Agur in the room of the omen

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA40751
Architect/DesignerVenezia, Francesco (1944-)
Artist/PhotographerORCH Orsenigo-Chemollo
CountryItaly
CityVenice
Subject Date2000
Image Date2000
ViewInterior
MediumDigital image
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit ORCH Orsenigo / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Palazzo Grassi was built between 1748 and 1772 and its design is attributed to Giorgio Massari. It was purchased by the Fiat group in 1983 and was restored and transformed into an exhibition space by Gae Aulenti in association with Antonio Foscari. It was further renovated in 2005 by Tadao Ando when it was bought by the entrepreneur Francois Pinnault. This exhibition, designed by Francesco Venezia, brought together over 700 Etruscan items from around the world and extended throughout all 36 galleries of the Venetian palazzo.

Subject tags

glass, sculpture, lamps, lighting fixtures, conversion of buildings, Exhibitions, exhibition buildings, art galleries, town houses