The Kibble Palace, Botanic Gardens, Great Western Road, Glasgow

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA47553
Architect/DesignerKibble, John (1815-1894)
Artist/PhotographerLambert, Sam (1927-1981)
CountryUK: Scotland
CityGlasgow
Subject Date1872
Image Date1964
ViewExterior
StyleVictorian
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP Box 173 Glasgow II
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Part of this glasshouse originally formed a conservatory constructed by the inventor and engineer, John Kibble, at his home at Coulport, Loch Long in 1865. It was dismantled in 1872 and transported to the Botanic Gardens where it was re-assembled and enlarged.

Subject tags

glass, botanical gardens, water features, cast iron, glasshouses