The Temple of Friendship, Pavlovsk

RIBApix ref no RIBA45581
Architect/DesignerCameron, Charles (1743-1812)
Artist/PhotographerElwall, Robert (1953-2012)
CountryRussia
CityPavlovsk
Subject Date1782
Image Date2009
ViewExterior
StyleClassical Revival
MediumDigital image
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit Robert Elwall / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Construction on this country residence of the Russian Imperial family began c.1780 and was completed c. 1825. Its design was typical of the country mansion of the period and was created by a succession of architects, painters and sculptors, notably Charles Cameron who designed the central Great Palace in 1782-1786.

Subject tags

Gardens, round buildings, garden buildings, temples, palaces, colonnades