Trent Park College of Education, Cockfosters Road, Enfield, London: the crafts block and water tower

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA88952
Architect/DesignerLondon Borough of Enfield. Architects Department
Artist/PhotographerLambert, Sam (1927-1981)
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1974
Image Date1974
ViewExterior
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP576/34
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Trent Park became a teachers' training college in 1947 and then part of Middlesex University in 1992. The grounds are now a country park. The original house dates back to the late 18th century, but was completely rebuilt in 1894 by F. A. Bevan. The house was transformed again in 1926-1931 into a Neo-Georgian mansion by Philip Tilden for Sir Philip Sassoon, a wealthy connossieur and art collector.

Subject tags

water towers, colleges