Trent Park College of Education, Cockfosters Road, Enfield, London: the dining block

RIBApix ref no RIBA88958
Architect/DesignerLondon Borough of Enfield. Architects Department
Artist/PhotographerLambert, Sam (1927-1981)
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1974
Image Date1974
ViewExterior
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP576/32
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Trent Park became a teachers' training college in 1947 and then part of Middlesex University in 1992. The grounds are now a country park. The original house dates back to the late 18th century, but was completely rebuilt in 1894 by F. A. Bevan. The house was transformed again in 1926-1931 into a Neo-Georgian mansion by Philip Tilden for Sir Philip Sassoon, a wealthy connossieur and art collector.

Subject tags

dining rooms, colleges