Warehouses, Skipton, Yorkshire: the warehouses seen from the canal

RIBApix ref no RIBA77578
Architect/DesignerWales, James
Wales, Mary D.
Artist/PhotographerGibson, Keith
CountryUK: England
CitySkipton
Subject Date1971
Image Date1971
ViewExterior
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP137/239
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The warehouses, old stable and canal outbuildings were constructed in 1774 as part of the Leeds to Liverpool Canal. By the late 1960s the majority of the buildings were derelict. They were preserved and converted into shops and a restaurant as part of a regeneration project in 1971.

Subject tags

shops, conversion of buildings, warehouses, canals