West Norwood Cemetery, London: the Doric temple mausoleum of Eustratios Ralli in the Greek Orthodox cemetery

RIBApix ref no RIBA48789
Architect/DesignerBarry, Edward Middleton (1830-1880)
Tite, Sir William (1798-1873)
Artist/Photographerde Mare, Eric (1910-2002)
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1875
Image Date1968
ViewExterior
StyleGreek Revival
MediumPhotoprint
Library ReferenceAP506/133
OrientationPortrait
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Originally known as the South Metropolitan Cemetery, this 40-acre cemetery was consecrated in 1837. William Tite, who was the architect for the development company, was responsible for the landscaping and the design of some of the monuments. This white marble mausoleum with Doric porch was designed by E. M. Barry and erected in c. 1875.

Subject tags

cemeteries, domes, columns, temples, mausoleums