Westminster Abbey, London: the west wall and St George's Chapel

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA51672
Architect/DesignerComper, Sir John Ninian (1864-1960)
Artist/PhotographerDell & Wainwright
CountryUK: England
Subject Date1300
Image Date1938
Library ReferenceDWN7031
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit Architectural Press Archive / RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: The wrought iron screen at the entrance of St George's Chapel was designed by Sir Ninian Comper in 1925. The chapel was formerly known as the Warriors Chapel.

Subject tags

churches, decorative ironwork, abbeys, screens