White's Club, 37-38 St James's Street, London: detail of the French windows of the Coffee Room as redecorated by H. S. Goodhart-Rendel

Coronavirus update: Our printing service continues to operate as usual, with framed and unframed prints available for delivery in normal timescales. We would like to reassure our customers that we are observing government advice on COVID-19 and adhering to all guidance and best practice.

RIBApix ref no RIBA28292
Architect/DesignerGoodhart-Rendel, Harry Stuart (1887-1959)
Artist/PhotographerNewbery, Sydney W. (1894-1985)
CountryUK: England
Subject Date1788
Image Date1920
Library Reference35480/6
Colour / B&W Black and white
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: White's, founded by Francis White in 1693, moved to this mansion built by Edward Villiers in 1674 which was reconstructucted, probably by James Wyatt, in 1787-88. H. S. Goodhart-Rendel was responsible for the Victorian-style redecoration of the Coffee Room.

Subject tags

interior decoration, clubs, dining rooms