Wooden maquettes for sculpture for Henrietta House, 8 Henrietta Place, Westminster, London: 'The Temple at Euston', 'The Castle' and 'Canary Wharf'

RIBApix ref no RIBA13453
Architect/DesignerSmith, Keir (1950-2007)
Artist/PhotographerSmith, Keir (1950-2007)
CountryUK: England
CityLondon
Subject Date1992
Image Date1986
ViewExterior
MediumModel
Library ReferenceODS/SMIT/5-6, 15 [Red Office, RIBA Offices, V&A]
OrientationLandscape
Colour / B&W Colour
Credit RIBA Collections
Notes NOTES: Henrietta House is an office building designed by Christopher Haddon at Building Design Partnership. The sculptor Keir Smith was commissioned by the Public Art Development Trust to design a series of 15 Portland stone sculptures to create a 'frieze' tracing the architectural history of Britain at first floor level of the building's exterior. The project represented a major example of public sculpture commissioned and integrated into an architectural design at the earliest stage. Some of the drawings by Building Design Partnership have annotations made by Keir Smith relating to the sculpture. The project won the Royal Society of Arts Art for Architecture award in 1990.

Subject tags

office buildings, sculpture