In these uncertain times, the collective power of RIBA membership is more important than ever.
Our membership subscription rates are guided by economic factors, member research and sector benchmarking. Taking this into account, and following the reduction in subscription rates for Chartered Members for 2021, the RIBA Board and Council have recently approved a freeze of all subscription rates, for individuals and practices, at current levels for the upcoming 2022 year.
We will continue to offer significant concessions and support to those facing financial hardship, those on lower incomes, and retired architects. Free membership will also continue to be offered to Part 1 and Part 2 students at RIBA validated schools of architecture, anywhere in the world, and those on their year out between Part 1 and Part 2.
From a practical perspective membership will continue to provide you with a variety of tools, guidance, resources and CPD - either included as part of your membership, or at significantly discounted rates. This includes:
- The members only RIBA Recovery Roadmap - divided into three phases: Response, Recovery, Resilience.
- Exclusive access to a wide range of live webinars and on demand videos on topics including health, safety and wellbeing, sustainable architecture, building conservation and heritage, and planning, via the RIBA Academy. All RIBA Members receive a 20% discount off the entire RIBA CPD Programme, whilst Chartered Members will receive a £200 voucher to spend annually on any CPD product within the RIBA Academy from January 2022.
- Free access to RIBA Journal in print and/or digital, covering the big issues, in-depth and with plenty of analysis.
- A package of RIBA publications, guidance and approved documents valued at £250, included with your membership, as well as a 50% discount on RIBA Contracts Online.
- Virtual ‘practice clinics’ and practice visits for members, at a regional level.
- Technical support and guidance through the RIBA Information Centre and Specialist Practice Consultants.
- Exclusive comprehensive and continually updated advice on employment and HR issues via a telephone service and online business consultancy library, included in Chartered Practice Membership.
- Continual lobbying of the UK Government on the issues that affect you and your practice each day.
- The ongoing Work with an Architect marketing campaign, explaining to domestic clients what a Chartered Architect does and driving enquiries to Find an Architect.
- The ongoing protection and curation of an architectural archive of over 4 million items
Log in to architecture.com and visit ‘My Account’ to access the full range of member benefits.
Further information will follow in the coming months regarding 2022 membership renewals, and our detailed plans for the years ahead. Meanwhile, we wanted to let you know now, that not only will RIBA continue to serve as your voice, your network, and your champion, but also that in 2022 membership will be better value than ever.