RIBA Council and President Elect candidates announced
The RIBA has announced the candidates standing for election to RIBA Council, from 1 September 2018, including the nominations for President Elect.
Council members are Charity Trustees of the RIBA, elected from among the RIBA membership. Chaired by the RIBA President, RIBA Council meets four times each year and is ultimately responsible for the conduct and development of the Institute.
The candidates standing for election are:
President Elect RIBA
- Philip David Allsopp
- Alan Jones
- Elsie Owusu
President Elect RSAW
- Ryan A. Stuckey has been elected unopposed.
National (two seats available)
- Jo Bacon
- Aaron Chetwynd
- Elsie Owusu
- Lisa Raynes
- Helen Taylor
- Jessie Turnbull
- Morley von Sternberg
- Katie Wilmot
North East (one seat)
- Nicky Watson has been elected unopposed.
North West (two seats) have been elected unopposed
- Ewen Miller
- Richard Wooldridge
East Midlands (one seat)
- Malcolm Goodall
- Valeria Passetti
Yorkshire (one seat)
- Graham Boyce
- Danni Kerr
Wales (one seat)
- Ian Standen has been elected unopposed.
West Midlands (one seat)
Europe International (excluding UK) (one seat)
- Tim Clark
- Tristan Peter Hughes
- Peter Kellow
Voting opens on 3 July at 9am and closes on 7 August at 5pm.
Candidates’ statements and voting information will be sent directly to RIBA members by the Electoral Reform Services when the ballots open.
RIBA chartered members take their national and regional seats for a three-year term on 1 September 2018. The RIBA President Elect’s term begins on 1 September 2018, with the two-year term as RIBA President commencing on 1 September 2019.
RSAW President Elect will serve for a two-year term beginning on 1 September 2019.
Notes to editors:
1. For further press information contact Melanie Mayfield in the RIBA Media Team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Images of the President Elect candidates can be downloaded here: https://riba.box.com/s/2u6s0ca2oah531weo0kt9ktnzt1ue2ho
3. Election statements for all candidates are available at https://www.architecture.com/about/riba-council/riba-council-elections-2018
4. The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) is a global professional membership body that serves its members and society in order to deliver better buildings and places, stronger communities and a sustainable environment. www.architecture.com. Follow us on Twitter for regular RIBA updates www.twitter.com/RIBA