Join RIBA Learning on Saturday 28 November for a free day of online architectural creation. In sessions throughout the day, artist educators will guide you through one of our popular resources.
Each session of the online make along will be held using Microsoft Teams.
The events are free to attend: just be ready with the materials to join in.
Pavilions, pop-ups and temporary structures with Zoe Allen
Saturday 28 November 2020, 2pm to 3pm
For 6 to 12 year olds
Design and build a model of a temporary structure that is not built to last with artist educator Zoe Allen, then have a go yourself at making a tent or a den after the session.
Materials you will need
- A few sheets of large white paper for drawing/designing
- Coloured pens and pencils
- As many newspapers as possible
- Tin foil
- Cocktail sticks
- Marshmallows (mini ones are best; big ones can be chopped up)
Suggested materials for den building
- Garden canes
- Cardboard boxes
Ticket holders will receive a link to a Microsoft Teams event for this session a few hours before.
Terms and conditions
- Under 18s must be supervised by an accompanying adult ticket holder at all times
- We reserve the right to alter the advertised content of events
- In the unlikely event we need to cancel we will contact all ticket holders as soon as possible
- By accepting an invitation or selecting a ticket you consent to being photographed, filmed or recorded as a visitor attending the event
Other online make along sessions
If you would like to attend other sessions in the online make along series, please book these individually.
- Flexible spaces (for 13 to 18 year olds)
- Cereal box city (for 6 to 12 year olds)
- Perspective drawing and sketchbooks (for 18 years old and over)
For upcoming family and children events, please visit our families and children workshops page.