Module Three: Sole trader: your essential guide to starting and growing your business
In 2019, the 5-hours, 15-min webinar series is delivered over five days, with intervening gaps, allowing you time to reflect, revise and review. You can attend all five modules in the series thus future proofing your business, or you can attend relevant modules only, if you need to refresh your understanding of each topic.
Following completion of all five webinars in the series, an attendance certificate will be issued showing that you attended the RIBA-accredited Business Skills Webinar Series.
For more information on individual modules, view the RIBA Business Skills Webinar Series Factsheet (PDF).
Webinar content and structure
This session will help reduce the financial and emotional costs of starting and growing a business and will help you follow your heart, skills, mission and passion and build a business in balance with your life by forging rich relationships. It’s also a great opportunity to network with other like-minded people. This empowering seven-step session will help you boost:
- Clarity: know your mission, talent, values and brand: let this passion propel you
- Customers: see life through customers’ eyes to win custom, profit and loyalty
- Courage: unleash your inspiration/wisdom and adopt an athlete’s attitude
- Co-operation: punch over your weight; collaborate. Use/build your network
- Conversations: learn to connect, create and convert leads in person and online
- Creativity: know when to work, rest, be at your best and (re)gain life balance
- Compassion: connect from the heart - be transformational not transactional
- Plus, Change: anticipate, embrace and shape change
- Live Q&A
For more information on your requirements to attend this webinar, please view the RIBA Webinar Series page.
Rasheed Ogunlaru, business coach and motivational speaker
Rasheed is a leading life coach, motivational and business coach. His clients include entrepreneurs, entertainers, chief executives, teachers, healers, organisations and the public. His unique ‘become who you are’ approach helps people of all backgrounds find lasting fulfilment, from within. Rasheed often speaks in the media including appearances on ITN and BBC News.
He is the Business Coach partner to the British Library’s Business & IP centre where he runs the ‘Networking for Success’ an inspiring and practical workshop for professionals and business owners. He is author of Soul Trader – Putting the Heart into Your Business and The Gift of Inner Success. His first career was in PR/media, including being communications manager, press officer, media spokesman and media trainer. He is a former co-director of Samaritans (Central London Branch).
- Business, clients and services
- Procurement and contracts
- Legal, regulatory and statutory compliance
Club ticket (purchase all five webinars for the price of four)
- RIBA/CIAT members £120+VAT
- RIBA Chartered Practice £120+VAT
- Non-members £240+VAT
- RIBA/CIAT members £30+VAT
- Non-members £60+VAT
How to book
- Book your Club ticket online by selecting the Club ticket option
- Book module three online by selecting module 3