Future Leaders is a three-part programme, consisting of three individual half-day events at two-month intervals. It provides early career professionals with a comprehensive introduction to leadership through industry specific training. Sessions on key soft skills are delivered by experienced coaches, communications experts and thought leaders, while delegates also benefit from the invaluable applied knowledge and experience of some of the UK’s leading industry figures.
RIBA Future Leaders: Leading Change – 18 July 2019
Leadership requires agility, flexibility and foresight in responding to change at different levels – near and medium-term fluctuations in project volume and practice finances, technological innovations impacting on the profession, and longer-term changes to economic, environmental and social fundamentals. Leaders need to be aware of the impact of change on people and how to support individuals in response. Practice leaders will share how they are set up to maximise business resilience and minimise uncertainty. Leadership coach Gordon Mackenzie will highlight people’s response to change and how to modulate communication to suit individuals, and illuminate how to drive change by leading up from any position. Further sessions tbc.
- Leading change (Gordon Mackenzie, Performance First)
- Agility and flexibility in practice (Morag Tait, AHMM)
- Leading through uncertainty (Friedrich Ludewig, ACME)
- Cognitive biases and decision-making (Edward Gardiner, Warwick Business School)
- Scenario planning (talk and group exercise) (Cognosis Strategy Consultants)
- Tips on leading leaders (Gordon Mackenzie, Performance First)
Speakers and coaches:
- Gordon Mackenzie, Founding Director, Performance First
- Morag Tait, Associate Director, AHMM
- Duncan Campbell, Partner, Cognosis Strategy Consultants
- Friedrich Ludewig, Director, ACME
- Edward Gardiner, Behavioural Design Lead, Warwick Business School
Topics, skills and learning outcomes covered include:
- The importance of vision, mission and communication
- The importance of agility and flexibility in practice
- How to manage uncertainty
- Awareness of what influences our judgement and decision-making
- Leading up by coaching and influencing
14:00 Event begins
18:00 Event ends
18:15 Speed Mentoring, 76 Portland Place
20:30 Speed Mentoring ends
Save the date:
Tickets for the Future Leaders events can either be booked as single one-off events for the 28 March, 16 May and 18 July, or as a block booking at a 30% discount if you book all three dates by 18 March 2019. Member block booking rates have been reduced by more than 10% compared to last year.
Member single ticket: £100
Non-member single ticket: £180
Member block booking: £200
Non-member block booking: £360
Join now to get the member rate
RIBA Members receive up to a 50% discount off the cost of our professional events including Future Leaders and Guerrilla Tactics.To take advantage of this discount as well as the other RIBA Membership Benefits, join online here. For membership enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is RIBA CPD Approved. It is worth 3.5 hours of structured CPD.
Please email email@example.com or call 020 7307 3749 should you have any questions about the programme or tickets.
Please note, this event will be photographed.*
*The photos from the event will be included in a delegate resource pack and will also be used in the promotion of future events and by the RIBA for communications purposes. Should you wish not to be photographed, please notify staff on the day of the event at the registration desk and we will observe your request.
This event is kindly sponsored by Total Synergy.