How to advise your client on their CDM duties
Since the Health and Safety Executive’s CDM 2015 regulations came into effect, architects have been embracing the newly created Principal Designer role. This seminar will focus on issues faced by architects when advising clients in accordance with the CDM 2015 regulations.
This seminar will explore:
- Advantages and restrictions created by the flexibility that’s built into legislation
- Different models of delivery and helping clients understand the impact of their choices
- Actions and engagement required at different phases of a project to successfully deliver the role
- Effects of different procurement routes and contract vs. legislation
- Types of clients and client bodies and impacts of working for domestic clients
- Different industries and sectors
- Benefits of accepting CDM duties to your practice and to your clients
- The good the bad and the ugly: scenarios and wearing different hats!
By attending this seminar you will gain an understanding of when you should be the Principal Designer, whilst discussing the topic from a legal, ethical and moral perspective. You will understand your legal obligations as a PD and learn about effective engagement techniques to ensure clients understand the impact of their decisions.
Danny Coomber, Butler & Young Group Ltd
Danny has over 37 years’ experience working within the construction industry. From an early start in the British Army to training large numbers of industry experts in the art of CDM compliance, Danny practices what he teaches; as a director at Butler and Young Consultants, he is responsible for CDM compliance services.
He has been involved with innovative buildings and civil engineering projects overseas and in the UK, providing him with unique experiences for health, safety and welfare management. Danny is a seasoned author, presenter and trainer and is at the forefront of developing construction safety and CDM compliance protocols.
- RIBA/CIAT members £65 + VAT
- Non-RIBA members £92 + VAT
- RIBA student members £15 + VAT
Other booking options
For more information on other seminars in Core CPD 2018, and Club Ticket booking, saving £250 per year, go to Core CPD 2018.
Core Curriculum topics
1. Health, safety and well being
2. Legal, regulatory and statutory compliance