Win, retain, repeat: an essential guide to managing client relationships
This seminar will show you how to effectively market and sell your skills and experiences, even with limited resources and a small budget. All you require is the determination, enthusiasm and a few hours each week to set aside to winning work.
This seminar will cover:
- Effective marketing: developing a strategy and creating a pipeline of opportunities
- Establishing a target list of potential clients: based on your ideal client, location and sector
- Understanding client needs: understand their specific needs, communicate and build a relationship. The magic 3C + R formula will be explained
- Ongoing communications with the client: how to put in place a client account management process so that you may continue to develop ongoing relationships with clients, stakeholders and influencers
- Feedback, retention and referrals: the benefits of obtaining client feedback and using this feedback to create referrals and endorsement to help secure work with other potential clients
- The speaker will explain how using these techniques will increase your chances of securing more profitable work.
Basil Sawczuk, Potentialise
Basil qualified as an architect in 1979. After a string of successful wins he was encouraged to become a full-time job winner or 'rainmaker'. At the multi professional firm of DGI International Basil secured projects for many UK blue chip clients, going on to pursue an international role winning overseas work for large global clients. Basil has also been marketing director for WS Atkins Property Services and a regional law firm.
More recently he became marketing, business development and bid director for a major contractor focusing mainly on outsourced public sector work. Basil founded Potentialise in 2009, a consultancy firm advising on marketing and business development. He is the author of Marketing & Selling Professional Services, Risk Avoidance for the Building Team, and Creating Winning Bids.
- RIBA/CIAT members £65 + VAT
- Non-RIBA members £92 + VAT
- RIBA student members £15 + VAT
Other booking options
For more information on other seminars in Core CPD 2018, and Club Ticket booking, saving £250 per year, go to Core CPD 2018.
Core Curriculum topics
1. Business, clients and services
2. Procurement and contracts