Module Two: CDM Differently & Visually
Since the Health and Safety Executive’s CDM 2015 Regulations came into effect in 2015, we have been offering a range of courses on the Principal Designer role.
The webinar series provides comprehensive understanding of the regulations, context and background, as well as Principal Designer practicalities, using a range of case studies.
Webinar content and structure
In 2019, the 10-hour webinar series is delivered over six days, with intervening gaps, allowing you time to reflect and revise, carry out your own CDM analysis report and review the suggested reading. You can attend all six modules in the series thus completing the equivalent content of the two-day Principal Designer course. Alternatively, you can attend relevant modules only, if you need to refresh your understanding of the topic, having attended previous courses.
Following completion of all six webinars in the series, an attendance certificate will be issued showing that you attended the RIBA-accredited course. You will also be given the opportunity to participate in an online exam, after which successful delegates will be issued an exam result certificate. Alongside your attendance certificate, this could be useful should a client, stakeholder or external body require evidence that you have the industry standard skills, knowledge and understanding of the principal designer role.
For more information on individual modules, view the RIBA Principal Designer Webinar Series Factsheet.
Module two will cover the following topics:
- CDM Differently & Visually: previous methods and the current recommendation for analysis
- Proportionality, healthy design and creative safety SFARP
- The Principles of Prevention as applicable to architects and examples
- HARI checklist and CITB view
- Types of Significant Risk from catastrophic to personal
- Methods of analysis and communication of tolerable and significant risks SFARP and facilitating the integration of CDM into good design
- ICE CDM project strategy principle and collaborative working facilitated by a Principal Designer
- Live Q&A
For more information on your requirements to attend this webinar, please view the RIBA Webinar Series page.
Paul Bussey, AHMM
Paul is an RIBA chartered architect with over 30 years’ experience, working within both large and small practices both in the UK and abroad. Paul is currently Technical Consultant and CDM lead at, the Stirling Prize 2015 award winning practice AHMM Architects. He has developed a technical expertise in the application of all types of building related legislation and constructional guidance. In parallel to his role inleading CDM and Principal Designer services, Paul provides guidance to project teams on fire strategy and inclusive design matters. Paul sits on various HSE, RIBA and CIC Health and Safety expert committees and is an IMaPS member of the Association for Project Safety. Paul was part of the CITB/HSE Industry Guidance team for Designers under CDM 2015, and has authored CDM 2015: A Practical Guide for Architects and Designers (RIBA Publishing).
1. Health, safety and well-being
2. Architecture for social purpose
Purchase all 6 webinars for the price of five
- RIBA/CIAT members £180+VAT
- RIBA Chartered Practice £180+VAT
- Non-members £360+VAT
Module 1 to 5 (1.5hrs)
- RIBA/CIAT members £35+VAT
- Non-members £70+VAT
Module 6 (2hrs)
- RIBA/CIAT members £40+VAT
- Non-members £80+VAT
How to book
- Book your Club ticket online by selecting the Club ticket option
- Book module two online by selecting module 2