Project management: delivering high quality outcomes
Project management is a key skill for delivering successful, quality outcomes on projects. This seminar will provide an overview of key project management principles and processes from the initiation of the project, through to completion and use. It will cover the phases, scope and capturing expectations, scheduling the programme and proactively managing risks and change. Critical elements such as communication and interacting with the team and individuals will also be covered and tools and techniques and useful documents for managing the project will be outlined.
The seminar will provide awareness of key project management competencies linked to the APM Body of Knowledge with reference to Quality Management, the RIBA Quality Tracker and the Plan of Work.
Learning outcomes will include:
- Increased understanding of projects, their lifecycle, processes, key terminology and the architect/project manager role
- Awareness of the key considerations in setting up projects to incorporate best practice processes to ensure the client brief/project scope, design and outcome are aligned
- Awareness of change control and risk management processes in order that change is adequately evaluated and managed; with risks including those relating to cost, approvals, safety etc. mitigated
- Principles of managing quality from the outset and tips to ensure this is not compromised
- Knowledge of key documents for managing projects and tailoring approach to the project scale and complexity
- Awareness of further project management learning needs and options
Teri Okoro, TOCA
Dr Teri Okoro is director of TOCA, a design and project management consultancy. Dual qualified as an architect and registered project professional, she is a fellow of both the RIBA and the APM. Teri was in the first cohort to obtain the RIBA Certificate in Project Management and has over twenty years’ experience of delivering complex residential, commercial and healthcare projects in the UK and abroad. She presents extensively on project management and project leadership internationally. Based on her architect/project manager and client/sponsor perspective, Teri believes that project management competencies are a core requirement for successful and quality project outcomes.
Core Curriculum topics
- Procurement and contracts
- Business, clients and services
- Legal, regulatory and statutory compliance
- RIBA/CIAT members £46 + VAT
- Non-RIBA members £92 + VAT
- RIBA student members £15 + VAT
How to book
- Book online
- Email your contact details and selected seminars to email@example.com or your RIBA regional office
- Telephone the appropriate RIBA regional office
For more information on other seminars in Core CPD 2019, and Club Ticket booking, saving £160 per year, go to Core CPD 2019.